Wednesday, June 28, 2017

WWE Monday Night Raw June 26, 2017 Results and Review The Return of The Boss

The Legit Boss Returned - WWE.com SRC
Monday Night Raw was live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. That’s a building I know all too well. I saw Unforgiven twice there, and I saw Wrestlemania there, as well as seeing a live WWE Smackdown from the fourth row no less. I even had Scotty Too Hotty jump into the crowd where I was at. Overall, I’ve been fortunate to see a lot of action in the arena, but nothing quite like what happened on Raw. In fact, I’ve never been to a WWE Monday Night Raw taping, so there’s that. Whatever the case is, on January 26, the Raw brand was in Los Angeles for one hell of a show, and I saw the HULU version, so that’s what I will talk about going forward.

WWE Monday Night Raw January 26, 2017 Review


Roman Reigns Opens Show, Gets Thrown Into Ambulance

The show opened up with Roman Reigns getting booed out of the building. I know they weren’t saying BOO URNS, but if I were there, I probably would have been. An ambulance showed up and out came Brown Shoeman. He attacked Reigns then chucked him off the stage into the ambulance like a lawn dart, or like Rey Mysterio circa WCW 1996. Reigns was then thrown into the ambulance and that was that. Good opener, although, I don’t like Brown Shoeman or Roman “Boring” Reigns.

Fin Balor and the Hardy Boyz defeated Elias Samson, Cesaro, and Sheamus

This was a fun match, but it started with Elias Samson about to sing a song. He was interrupted, and the match was on. A standard six man tag, with Balor getting the big pinfall, but not without the other guys throwing down some great tag team moves, and out of the ring action. A fast paced opener that I loved, but probably didn’t get too much love from anyone else.

Miz TV With The Ball Family

Apparently there was a match after this segment, but the HULU version did not show that. Instead it was just Miz TV with the Ball family, and I thought it was hilarious. It was definitely entertaining, if you knew who the Ball family is. If you didn’t, well then you didn’t like this, because you didn’t know who the hell they were.

Big Cass Hugged Enzo, Then Threw Him Down The Stage

Big Cass did a nice job selling the reunion, only to then get Enzo beat up and literally tossed down the ramp. Enzo rolled to his death, and Cass was left standing tall. A few moments later he confronted Corey Graves and said that he would ring his neck if he could, but he couldn’t, and therefore he was going to warn him and that’s it. Enzo’s done folks, Cass is the guy the WWE is going with.

Seth Rollins defeated Curt Hawkins

Not a complete burial, but Hawkins was not going to win this one. I’m a fan of Hawkins, but he’s wasted here, getting buried by Rollins.

Samoa Joe Nearly Kills Brock Lesnar (not a joke)

Samoa Joe is made to look like a total beast as he put on his finisher on Lesnar. Lesnar was turning purple and couldn’t get out of the chokehold. I’m not sure if Joe could take out Lesnar in a real UFC fight, but the WWE is doing a good job of making me believe that he has a shot at winning the title at the ppv. I don’t know if he will, but if he does, wow, congrats to WWE for making one hell of a main event on a badly named PPV.

Sasha Banks won a women’s Guantlet Match to get a title shot at Alexa Bliss

Holy crap, the booking is off the rails for the women. Last week, they barely got attention, this week, they get the main event! I loved it! I loved the story the women told here. Nia Jax took on the whole roster and won. She beat Bayley first of all, which was great for me. Then she beat every woman on the Raw roster, except the champion, and when Banks came out, put on a strong showing, but obviously winded and tired, which is why Banks got the big win with the Bank Statement! I loved it, Jax taps out, and that’s the end of the show folks.

Raw was good on HULU. I didn’t see the 3 hour show, and it looks like a lot more happened. I do not know why the WWE decides to cut out so much on HULU’s Raw show, versus the rest of their shows, but they do. This was a good, entertaining showcase if you ask me.

WWE Monday Night Raw June 26, 2017 Results


Braun Strowman attacked Roman Reigns
Finn Bálor and The Hardy Boyz def. Elias Samson & Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Sheamus
Goldust attacked R-Truth
Intercontinental Champion The Miz and The Miztourage def. Dean Ambrose, Heath Slater and Rhyno
Big Cass attacked Enzo Amore again
Seth Rollins def. Curt Hawkins
Samoa Joe attacked Brock Lesnar
WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville def. Lince Dorado
Sasha Banks won a Women’s Gauntlet Match to challenge Alexa Bliss for the Raw Women’s Title at the WWE Great Balls of Fire pay-per-view

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...