Wednesday, June 13, 2018

WWE Smackdown Live June 12, 2018 Results and Review The B Show Strikes Twice

They call Smackdown the B show, and to be honest, it sure feels that way sometimes. This show wasn’t half bad, and I didn’t hate it, but there were some moments that made me question what I’m doing with my life, writing about wrestling, and going to shows.

Before going into the Review, I need to remind all readers that I will be in Chicago for MONEY IN THE BANK, so if you’re out there, drop me a line on twitter, I’m jaydune, or message me on this site or email me and we can connect. I will be there for Takeover and Money In The Bank.

WWE Smackdown Live June 12, 2018 Results and Review

Becky Lynch Flies - SRC WWE 
So let’s get this review started, by stating that I hate the talking segments on all wrestling shows from the WWE. I’m sick of it. Paige hosted a Women’s Money In The Bank Summit, and it was the same that you’d expect, everyone says they are going to win, and that’s it.

Daniel Bryan defeated Shelton Benjamin

This was a fun match, with a lot of back and forth between the wrestlers. These guys can work, and they were given a little bit of time, and it worked well for the most part. Bryan was able to reverse some of the stuff that Shelton was throwing at him, but it was definitely not an easy win. Benjamin was able to get through a lot of the offense, and even reversed a lot of the action, only to end up getting tapped out.

Jerry “The King” Lawler interviewed Aj Styles

This was just a promo.

Rusev defeated Samoa Joe with The Miz as Special Guest Referee

Wow, this is not what I thought was going to happen at all. Rusev looked to be getting choked out, but after some back and forth issues with The Miz, Joe couldn’t get the upper hand, and ended up losing. This was a throw away match with some shenanigans, and it was interesting to see the dynamic. It was a fun little showcase, and I’m not sure who’s going to win the briefcase this Sunday. I will say this much, Rusev looked great with Joe, and Joe’s new haircut sucks.

After the match, The Miz climbed a ladder and got a briefcase, but it was full of pancakes!

Jeff Hardy defeated Shinsuke Nakamura by DQ

This was a good back and forth match, and right when things were getting really good, Nakamura hit a low blow and that was the end of that. Jeff Hardy was great here, and Nakamura kept up with him quite well, but I’m absolutely surprised by how this all came through, with Nakamura knocking out Hardy with a low blow.

Asuka, Becky Lynch, Naomi, Lana, and Charlotte Flair defeated Carmella, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Peyton Royce, and Billie Kay

Wow, what a match, this was exciting for me, and everyone watching. There was a lot of back and forth, and everyone was able to shine here. Lots of action, and lots of fighting back and forth, with the women getting close falls, breaking up pins and so much more.

Smackdown may be the B show, but tonight was fun, especially with two good matches, and a time frame that was a lot less than Raw. That’s something worth noting, that’s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...