Wednesday, December 30, 2015

WWE Monday Night Raw 12/28/2015 Review Vince McMahon Goes To Jail


Once again, I had to fight myself to stay awake for this showcase. I am reviewing the Hulu edition while I still have Hulu, as I may not have it after January 6, but we will see what happens. That being said, this week’s Raw came through and well, it was a lot of…well…crap. I want to be optimistic, so maybe I shouldn’t dismiss it so fast, but let’s get into it and see what went down and why the end of 2015 for WWE is ending with a whimper instead of a bang.

Vince McMahon Goes To Jail

Up front, Vinnie Mac called out Roman Reigns, and that led to Stephanie McMahon coming out. This whole starting point went to start a storyline in which Vince McMahon was arrested by the police, and Stephanie was screaming about it, while her music played. Yes, the music was playing here. Oh man. Anyways, Roman Reigns stood tall as Vinnie Mac went to jail.

Neville defeated Kevin Owens

Kevin Owens lost this match in less than 20 seconds or so. This was a waste of talent. Afterwards Owens went nuts and beat up Neville around the ring. But who cares, right? This was a waste to me. I don’t think Owens needs to be established as a crazed, fighter, because we already know he’s good. What a waste of Neville and Owens.

Sasha Banks defeated Becky Lynch

Well, this was a surprise. It didn’t last long, but Lynch and Banks actually put on a good wrestling match. There were some slow spots, and it was obvious that they weren’t going to be allowed a lot of time. The rushed finish aside, this wasn’t half bad. Banks is such a good performer, and Banks, well she’s losing so much I smell a heel turn. This is ok, but nowhere near what you see in NXT.

Kalisto defeated Kofi Kingston

This was a fast paced match, as you’d expect. However, this is where I started to fall asleep. New Day did their thing on the mic, but the Lucha Dragons don’t have much personality, and despite their in ring work, it’s not as entertaining as WCW or ECW’s lucha division stuff. WWE just doesn’t know how to book good action within the scope of lucha style, so the mix kind of falls flat if you ask me.

Big E defeated Sin Cara

Screw it. Sin Cara sucks. He dislocated his shoulder and it looked like he was going to quit, like the other Sin Cara did. This was stupid. The shoulder aside, it seemed to be ok enough to finish the match, but still. This threw me out of the match. Big E is good, but come on, the whole “my shoulder!” thing just played terribly. WWE should fire Sin Cara, and Kalisto. They should get a better shake in Mexico. Man, I miss WCW and ECW right now.

Big Show Is the Number 1 Entrant in the Rumble, and I don’t care. I hate Big Slow.

Ryback defeated Big Show via count out

Who cares.

The League of Nations defeated Dean Ambrose and The Usos

I fell asleep on this one. I’m tired of six man tag team matches. How did the Usos win the slammy for the tag team of the year? I don’t know, this was just boring to me. Ambrose is ok, but man, the six man tag thing is just tiresome.

John Cena defeated Alberto Del Rio via DQ

I’m so hoping for a John Cena heel turn that this match seemed boring to me. Then again, I didn’t see it, since I was passed out. Oh well.

That was the end of that. WWE really took a dump on any momentum they had last week to this week. Then again, they didn’t have momentum after the terrible Slammy Awards debacle. I am trying to be positive about wrestling, but with shows like this one, it’s very hard to do so.

WWE Monday Night Raw 12/28/2015 Results


Neville defeated Kevin Owens
Sasha Banks defeated Becky Lynch
Kalisto defeated Kofi Kingston
Big E defeated Sin Cara
Ryback defeated Big Show via count out
The League of Nations defeated Dean Ambrose and The Usos
John Cena defeated Alberto Del Rio via DQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...