Friday, July 28, 2017

WWE Battleground 2017 Results and Review I Am Way Late Peeps

Holy Crap! - SRC WWE.com

SRC WWE.com - Singh Brothers Worked Their Ass Off Folks
I have to apologize for being so late this week in reviewing the PPV from the weekend. I had a few days off from watching wrestling after the show because it really made me question why I even watch any longer. It’s really that bad. This event was possibly one of the worst shows I’ve ever seen, but you already know that. I am not supposed to be drinking these days, as I’m on depression medication, but I had to get a New Castle to get through this one. Let’s discuss this showcase of well, entertainment, if you can call it that.

Aiden English defeated Tye Dillinger

I love Tye Dilllinger, but you’ll find he’s getting buried all the time. Remember the pop he got at the Royal Rumble? Well that’s gone. Aiden English won this match, and it was a hard hitting one. I was making a pizza when this started, but it wasn’t half bad. I liked it. English finally gets a win, but I miss the pop that Gotch and English got with Blue Pants in Nxt.

The New Day defeated The Usos

Perhaps the best match of the night, with a lot of fighting, kickouts, and great reversals. However, the New Day’s schtick is tired to me. This was a fun match, no doubt, and it’s the best match of the night.

Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin

Another boring match. These guys didn’t have chemistry together. It was really bad. Corbin loses with a low blow, done and done.

Natalya won a 5 way dance

This was a fast moving, elimination match. It was tired, and I didn’t understand the pacing or the results. It’s a terrible showing for the women, with the exception of Natalya and Becky Lynch.

Kevin Owens defeated Aj Styles

This was a boring match. I was shocked at how bored I was, and the failed finish was terrible.

Breezango gets beat down.

Um, ok.

John Cena defeated Rusev (Flag Match)

This was fun, but John Cena winning was so obvious. Rusev worked his ass off here, and I loved his intensity and look. But you knew that Cena was going to win.

Sami Zayn defeated Mike Kanellis

This was boring. I couldn’t believe it.

Jinder Mahal defeated Randy Orton in a Punjabi Prison Match

The Singh brothers were amazing here. I loved them, and hope one day to meet them. They took on some serious bumps. Much props to Orton too, he looked legitimately injured at one point. I also loved how he was giving it to Jinder at some points. Great Khali came out and wow, I popped huge, and then he helped Jinder, winning the match. Terrible match, but nice surprise at the end. Props to the Singh brothers, wow.

Overall, Battleground was bad. Really bad. But there were a few bright spots that make this not as terrible as some of the things I’ve sat through in my life as a wrestling fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...