Wednesday, November 2, 2016

WWE Hell In A Cell 2016 Results and Review The Best Women’s Match In History


Hell In A Cell 2016 was held in Boston. I wanted to go, but didn’t get a chance to save up enough money and get there. Oh well. The show had 16,119 fans at the TD Garden, and it featured some excellent wrestling, and some not so excellent wrestling as well. Here are my thoughts on the show, as I saw it on Monday after the initial broadcast.

WWE Hell In A Cell 2016 Results

Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado and Sin Cara defeated Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari
Roman Reigns defeated Rusev (HIAC US TITLE MATCH)
Bayley defeated Dana Brooke
The Club Sandwich Boys defeated Enzo and Cass
Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins (HIAC WWE Universal Title Match)
The Brian Kendrick defeated T.J. Perkins for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Cesaro and Sheamus defeated The New Day via DQ (Tag Team Championship Match)
Charlotte Flair defeated Sasha Banks (HIAC Women’s Championship Match)

WWE Hell In A cell 2016 Review

Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado and Sin Cara defeated Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari

A good overall opener with lots of high flying, and classic moves. I love the division, I just hate how WWE is booking this thing. When you look back at how WCW worked their cruisewerights, you noticed that they weren’t a different part of the show, they were part of it, and more than just openers. Just look back at events like World War 3 1997, and Superbrawl, and you’ll see that they were not treated like different entities, but rather part of the greater WCW good.

Match Rating: 3 out of 5

Roman Reigns defeated Rusev (HIAC US TITLE MATCH)

These two guys beat the holy hell out of each other. Rusev really put the boots to Roman, but he was playing the role of Super Man, because he won. I didn’t like the finish, and some of the spots didn’t make sense since Roman has a chest protector on. Other than that, this match was fine, and 24 minutes wasn’t half bad, but with no blood, and super human wins, Reigns once again turns into the Samoan John Cena. The fact that he wasn’t selling his injuries made me mad, but hey, that’s WWE logic for you right?

Match Rating: 3 out of 5

Bayley defeated Dana Brooke

I think the WWE has dropped the ball with Dana Brooke and Bayley. I think that Dana should pick up a few more wins, and do so by cheating, but that’s just me. Bayley is ok, but she’s nowhere near as good as she was in NXT, and the WWE is failing to capture the magic that I have seen from her time and time again.

Match Rating: 2 out of 5

The Club Sandwich Boys defeated Enzo and Cass

The Club Sandwich boys finally win a match. This wasn’t a terrible match by any means, and it was a fun romp, with a win for the Club Sandwich guys. Overall, not a bad showing, but nothing really to write about here.

Match Rating: 2 out of 5

Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins (HIAC WWE Universal Title Match)

Perhaps one of the better matches I’ve seen in the cell, but without blood, I have to question the overall substance. Even without the blood, I think that this was a great performance, with the sole exception of Seth Rollins selling the back injury on and off. His back should hurt, so why is he dead lifting fat ass Kevin Owens? Seriously?! I thought his back hurt? Oh well. Chris Jericho getting involved, outsmarting everyone and beating down Rollins is great, and Owens winning makes a lot of sense if you ask me. Fat Ass Kevin Owens wins again.

Match Rating: 4 out of 5

The Brian Kendrick defeated T.J. Perkins for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

The crowd was completely dead for this, and rightfully so. Don’t get me wrong, T.J. Perkins is an absolutely amazing wrestler, but no one knows who he is or why he’s the champion, unless they saw the CWC. I think that the majority of fans that watch WWE on a weekly basis, did not. I did, but they didn’t. Despite all the talent, he’s lost on a lot of people, and this match showed. Kendrick wins, and that’s all she wrote. Kendrick’s sly move of pretending he was hurt was good story telling, for an otherwise forgettable match.

Match Rating: 3 out of 5

Cesaro and Sheamus defeated The New Day via DQ (Tag Team Championship Match)

For a moment, I thought for sure that The New Day was going to lose. Cesaro and Sheamus have perfect timing in the ring and put on an entertaining round up within their 11 minutes of time. I loved it. I thought the match was great, and the timing was even better, only to get a DQ finish. Oh well. The new Day loses, but not the championship belts.

Match Rating: 2 out of 5

Charlotte Flair defeated Sasha Banks (HIAC Women’s Championship Match)

Here we go, one of the best women’s title matches I’ve ever seen in my life. In fact, it was a grand showcase. I did have a little bit of a gripe with the opening, in which I thought Sasha Banks was legitimately hurt by going through the announcers table. But she made it to the ring, and fought Charlotte tooth and nail. I love the story here. Banks’s back was going to give out, it was just a matter of when, and where. Well, it finally gave out when she was being rag dolled on the table by Charlotte, and it was amazing. I love the ending, and thought it was great story telling to finally have her gas out, back hurt, and dead in order for Charlotte to win. The only thing that would have made this better was if Charlotte or Sasha had blood. Even fake blood would work. The iconic image of having one of them wiping blood from their mouths or nose, or bloody hand prints on the mat would be great, showing that they are in a bitter blood feud. Charlotte’s entrance was great. I loved this match and really enjoyed the overall show that they put on.

Match Rating: 4 out of 5

My overall thoughts on Hell In A Cell For 2016 are simple, it was a good show. It wasn’t great throughout, but it held my attention for the most part. I really loved the last match, and really thought that Charlotte and Sasha Banks put on a showcase for the immortals. I really loved the ending, and the idea that Banks was just gassed out and her back had finally given out. I loved the monkey flip into the cage, the table breaks, the rag doll finish, and Charlotte’s tears as she won the title and proved that she’s seriously the best women’s wrestler in the world, that’s that. Oh and I really enjoyed Fat Ass Kevin Owens winning his match as well. Good stuff from WWE for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...