Monday, November 21, 2016

WWE NXT Takeover Toronto November 19, 2016 Results and Review: Mickie James Wow

The End of Shinsuke
WWE NXT was live in Toronto, and I didn’t see it live. I saw 2 hours worth of the show before the WWE Network cut off the final. I had to hunt that out myself. I’m not a big NXT follower, so I can’t comment on the bigger stories that are going on. However, I have been critical of Nakamura’s lack of English and so with Asuka, so there’s that. Anyways, here we go, my thoughts on the NXT showcase from Toronto. I wanted to be there so I could’ve met Lacey Jade, but nope, I was stuck in the states.

WWE NXT Takeover Toronto Results


Bobby Roode def. Tye Dillinger
The Authors of Pain def. TM61 to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic with Paul Ellering suspended above the ring in the Crash Cage
#DIY def. The Revival in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match to win the NXT Tag Team Championship
NXT Women’s Champion Asuka def. Mickie James
Samoa Joe def. Shinsuke Nakamura to win the NXT Championship

WWE NXT Takeover Toronto Review


Bobby Roode def. Tye Dillinger

Good action in this one, with a hot crowd that was great. Roode is a great heel, and Dillinger has some amazing timing. The match was hard hitting, fast moving, and a good overall pro wrestling match with lots of nice spots, including an incredible superplex, or should I say glorious! Roode wins with a great DDT and Dillinger has to rethink if he’s really a perfect 10.

Match rating: 4 out of 5

The Authors of Pain def. TM61 to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic with Paul Ellering suspended above the ring in the Crash Cage

Great hard hitting match, with The Authors of Pain throwing down everything but the kitchen skin to win. I loved the Crash Cage above the ring, I loved the hard hitting action juxtaposed with TM61 putting on a great showcase of aerial maneuvers. Great stuff. I loved it.
Match Rating: 3 out 5

#DIY def. The Revival in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match to win the NXT Tag Team Championship

I fell asleep during the second fall, but loved how DIY was able to sneak out a win against The Revival. Great movement, nice spots, great options, and eventually a final fall and a big win for the story.

Match Rating: 4 out of 5

NXT Women’s Champion Asuka def. Mickie James

I’m in love with Mickie James. Wow. She comes back and puts Asuka through the ringer, only to finally tap out at the end. James was absolutely wonderful, and amazing in this match. Holy crap, I loved everything. She was in shape, put on a show, and thought she should’ve won. Oh well.

Match Rating: 4 out of 5

Samoa Joe def. Shinsuke Nakamura to win the NXT Championship

Meh. I’m not a fan of Nakamura, and Joe was great 10 years ago. This was an ok match, but not as good as some of the other main events that the NXT brand has put on in the past. Oh well. That’s my 2 cents.

Match Rating: 3 out of 5

Overall, NXT is not that great. This was fun at first, but it got boring fast. I’m sorry, but the star power here is missing, especially after getting raided earlier this year. Oh well. The women’s match though, great stuff, the opener was good too, and the tag matches were definitely great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...