Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ECW 1/5/09 Review and Results

ALright, here is ECW coming back in action for the new Year! Oh yeah! I like where this is going and here's the latest and greatest review.

Jack Swagger defeated Finlay

The opening match for ECW’s show this week really impressed me overall. I was tired when watching this, but I really got behind Finlay in this match up. The announce team stated that Jack Swagger was next in line to fight Matt Hardy for his title, and it’s cool to see ECW pushing a young star, and even if Swagger can’t talk well, I like it none the less. Swagger is one of the newer guys to really get a push and although Ricky Ortiz was getting pushed at one point that has somewhat diminished for this better in ring rookie. Finlay was busted open the hard way in this match, as his mouth was bleeding, proving that Swagger is not some push over. Swagger was really impressive out there, obviously trying to get over with the backstage crew, as he was really taking control of the pacing and move set. Finlay was being worn down, old school style, which might be boring for some, but I liked this old school type match up. A few close calls came through towards the end and then we got the Gut Wrench Power Bomb and BOOOM! Swagger wins again and is STILL undefeated! Finlay hit the post hard, and then it was just downhill for him. Swagger hit Finlay in the face with two knees and then the powerbomb, and it was over. I’m impressed folks, seriously, Swagger has come a long way. His music sounding like Rage Against the Machine also helps out greatly.

Katie Lea Burchill defeated Alicia Fox

This match was shorter than I thought it would be. Katie Lea really put the boots to Fox, and while I did see some shining lights from Fox, this match wasn’t all that good. Fox had control for a good portion of the match, but Katie Lea hit her move, and it was over faster than the introductions. Weird.

The Boogeyman defeated Bret Barnes

Boogeyman is scarier now than ever. His makeup is insane, and if you saw it, you saw how bad this guy was. Seriously, this guy is just nuts, and that’s a great thing. Undertaker and Boogeyman should battle it out in a mind games war, although the match wouldn’t be too good. The jobber’s name was nearly shadowed by the Boogeyman’s exploding entrance. The Boogeyman defeats the jobber with ease, and the crowd was somewhat behind this.

Matt Hardy defeated Mark Henry

Once again Matt Hardy wins against Mark Henry. This happens every week, on ECW. I hope that Swagger wins the title, because Matt Hardy’s reign as ECW champion is getting really boring. I’ve seen this match so many times that by the time it was over, I didn’t care anymore; who would? This match is formulaic and it reminds me of the 1998 intercontinental championship run. Remember? The Rock vs. Triple H 9 times that year? And almost every ppv had Triple H and The Rock wrestling for the intercontinental championship? I got so tired of seeing that match, and I’m tired of seeing this one. I know I’m not alone.

ECW 1/6/09 Results

Matt Hardy defeated Mark Henry
The Boogeyman defeated Bret Barnes
Katie Lea Burchill defeated Alicia Fox
Jack Swagger defeated Finlay


Overall not a bad night of wrestling, but I didn’t like how it ended. I liked the first match for sure, swagger is winning me over, but where is Ricky Ortiz?

Sir Jorge's WWE Store:

Check out our online store for big savings on wwe dvd, and wwe books. Our online store is powered by amazon.com so you're in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...