Wednesday, December 26, 2007

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 Nintendo DS Review



WWE’s latest game for the Nintendo Ds looked to be a good idea. The back of the box read really well, and I was so pumped for the game to finally release. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 for the DS is not what you might think.

Well, I received the game for Christmas, as my wife had gotten it for me, and I was too excited to play.

It looked pretty cool, the graphics were looking really nice and simple, and then the biggest problem ever occurred….

The game has some really good graphics, they are the best graphics I’ve ever seen on a hand held and they are about as 3-d as you’re going to get. They even rival anything on the Playstation 1.

If you’re a fan of great graphics, stop reading this review and buy the game.

However, if you’re a fan of gameplay, you might think twice.

The complete game completely utilizes the Stylus for the Ds. You have to use the stylus to do EVERYTHING in the game. For every one move you do, you have to select a multiple choice directive, then use the stylus to execute the move. The computer gives you time to do this, and that’s it.

The whole game is a series of choices between one, two, and three, and then a movement with the stylus. You can not move your character forwards or backwards, or use the buttons on the right hand side, those are useless.

The game is hell for fans of the N64 or PS2 classics.

I hated this game and wanted to strangle my DS.

My wife even said it was poor execution for a DS game.

Sadly…I didn’t like it.

But you might like the game. You might enjoy WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2008 for the Nintendo Ds. If so, don’t wait, get it from Amazon.com and get free shipping…I am either really old and old school and don’t understand the DS or this game sucks.

Decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...