Saturday, December 26, 2009

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 12/25/09 Results and Review Christmas with WWE

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 12/25/09 Results

R Truth, Finlay, John Morrison, Matt Hardy defeated C.M Punk, Luke Gallows, Drew McIntyre, and Dolph Ziggler
Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated The Undertaker via disqualification
Cryme Tyme defeated jobbers
Mickie James & Maria defeated Layla & Beth Phoenix
Dx defeated The Hart Dynasty

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 12/25/09 Review

Alright, Christmas is over, although I’m still tired from my long day of partying. Well, mostly hanging out with family, and eating too much. However, I’m back in action with another review and results thing that I do on this blog that no one seems to read or help me keep going. I gotta admit, I was a little excited about this, but didn’t put my hopes up too high.

R Truth, Finlay, John Morrison, Matt Hardy defeated C.M Punk, Luke Gallows, Drew McIntyre, and Dolph Ziggler

It’s funny to me, that this match just seems repetitive. I know it’s an eight man tag, but we’ve already seen 6 of these guys wrestle each other in a tag match. They’ve added Ziggler and Finlay, but those guys just seem like an after thought. I guess we won’t be seeing Ziggler vs McIntyre anytime soon.

This match was fast paced, and filled with a lot of spots. It just kept pushing forward, with everyone getting their signature shots in right away. The match broke into chaos and every guy ran in and knocked someone out, until Morrison hit Starship Pain on Ziggler and this match was done. I feel like I’m getting hit with the same thing every week from the opening matches on Smackdown. Oh well, it was a fun match, nothing really crazy, but that’s alright.

Chris Jericho came out to cut a promo, and he was interrupted by The Hart Dynasty, and then Dx appeared on the screen and they interrupted the guys in ring. Nothing really happened here, besides more slapstick and nonsense. Chris Jericho was hit with their finisher, and I guess Dx should be scared right? This was boring.

I don’t mind the Piggie James thing, because it’s obvious that at one point she was gaining weight and it was all over the internet and podcasting world. So I don’t care. What does she care? She gets paid to be there, that’s all I’m saying. I wish I got paid to be made fun of on television. Instead, I’m broke, and have no job right now.

The first hour main event, was none other than the world title match.

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated The Undertaker via disqualification

This match wasn’t half bad, and Mysterio actually had a few chances to make this thing work out. Undertaker definitely pushed his weight around on Rey, and Rey took somemajor punishment in and outside the ring. The Undertaker was ready to light up Rey, but Batista came in and blatantly interfered. The Ref called for the bell, and I can only assume that Rey wins via disqualification. Mysterio got the last laugh with 619’s on Undertaker and Batista. This match should’ve got a clean finish, but instead it just got the Dusty finish.

Cryme Tyme defeated jobbers

This was weird. Cryme Tyme was in the second hour and they just beat the crap out of two really random guys. I kid you not, these guys were nobodies.

Mickie James & Maria defeated Layla & Beth Phoenix

This match was ok at best. Layla spent a lot of time with rest holds, and Mickie James ended up winning for her team. Then she attacked Michelle McCool, who was at ringside. This match bored me.

Dx defeated The Hart Dynasty

The Hart team got some good offense in against Dx. They did not just get worked and then thrown out of the ring. They actually put on a good show. Natalya definitely helped her team get a bit more offense than they usually get. I admit, I was almost impressed with the timing from Dh Smith and Tyson Kidd, they seemed to be right in there with Dx, despite Dx being much slower than their past days as a team. There were a few near falls, but nothing that I really would consider “obvious” or even “realistic”. Dh Smith couldn’t put away HBK without a finisher, yet he was heavily frustrated at the two counts. Triple H got the hot tag, and was leveled by Kidd and Smith with the finisher from the Hart's but that wasn't enough. Kidd fell outside the ring, and HBK hit DH Smith with a superkick from outside the ring, and Triple H hit a huge pedigree, and this match was done. I knew the Hart's would not win...but I didn't think it would be with Dx kicking out of their finisher. So much for building up the tag division, huh?

Alright, If you're reading this blog on a constant basis, consider helping me pay the cable bill. Simply purchase something on amazon.com by clicking here.If not, that's fine, the least you can do is subscribe via rss or simply link to this blog.

Lastly, please leave a comment, I would like to communicate with anyone. I'm also on aim, and have 19 other blogs, so I'm not hard to find. Cheers!

Oh and don't forget the new Batista Dvd out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...