Thursday, June 9, 2016

WWE NXT Takeover The End Results and Review


My apologies for not posting sooner, I have been working on other things, it happens.

Here is my break down of this special event from a Wednesday night.

WWE NXT Takeover The End Results

Andrade "Cien" Almas def. Tye Dillinger


Andrade definitely put on a showcase of wrestling, and Dillinger worked well with him. There were some nice spots here, and a back and forth match had the crowd fully engulfed. Cien’s finish, wow, double knees, geez. It looks amazing, and done right, it can be a safe finisher for sure. Good opener.

The Revival def. NXT Tag Team Champions American Alpha


A well executed tag team match. It was quite possibly the best match I’ve seen in the tag division on any program put out by any wrestling promotion, ever. Ok, that’s a bit much. But it was definitely good. The Revival wrestled a great match and won big over American Alpha. I really wish WWE would hire Kurt Angle to be the leader of American Alpha, like he did with Team Angle.

Post match, NXT chanting “who are you”, really bugged me. The random beat down by some random idiots was stupid to me, but whatever.

Shinsuke Nakamura def. Austin Aries


Nakamura needs to really work on his English. This is not to say anything racist, but it’s true. His accent needs work and he needs to really master the language, or Vince will tie him with a bad gimmick in the main roster like he always seems to do. It’s not about promo-skills, it’s about communication, and that’s just my two cents. Overall, this match was a little more thought out than most of the Nakamura matches I’ve seen. This was ok overall, but was it great? Not really. There were a lot of slow points, which really caused me to yawn. The slow speeds aside, it was an adequate match with a lot to offer those that are watching NXT. It was fun to watch, but Nakamura walking out as though his knee wasn’t hurt was dumb. Oh well. Good, but not great.

NXT Women's Champion Asuka def. Nia Jax


Something always seems predictable about the women’s division in WWE. NXT is the same. I did not think that Nia Jax would win. She didn’t. The dichotomy of strength versus striking was fascinating at first glance, but overall it wasn’t that great of a showcase, in my view. It was adequate. Not bad, not great, like Sasha Banks versus Bayley, but still good overall.

NXT Champion Samoa Joe def. Finn Bálor (Steel Cage Match)


Not that grand here. It was completely predictable. Balor hit Joe with some stiff shots, including a full fledge kick to the face that would make Bret Hart cringe. Overall, the standard match, no blood, and something I didn’t care about really. Joe won with a second rope muscle buster, which was fun. Balor loses, he can go anywhere else, I don’t think he’s that great on the mic. So we’ll see if he gets a shot at the main roster.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 10


At the end of the day, this was a lot of spots, and finishes that didn’t really gel well with me. I think that the show is good, but it needs to have a larger venue to make it feel more special. This independent feel is good, but I’m not going to give it a huge rating, just didn’t like it THAT much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...