Thursday, April 12, 2018

Smackdown Live April 10, 2018 Results and Review

Daniel Bryan Flies - src WWE 
Smackdown after Wrestlemania should be good, right? Well, I don’t know, maybe? It’s only an hour or so show, not 2 hours as some people think, so let’s discuss how it went down. I’m a little jaded, I’ve seen 30 some odd hours of wrestling, including all independent shows, ROH, and so much more. With that in mind, let’s take into consideration the following night of Smackdown.

Smackdown Live April 10, 2018 Results and Review


Shane McMahon announced Paige as the New General Manager for Smackdown Live.

I didn’t mind this at all. It was ok. I guess people love Paige, and since she retired, they love her even more. I’m indifferent.

The Usos defeated The New Day

The Usos threw down another great match against The New Day. It was a good match with a lot of back and forth. I didn’t hate this one, and I didn’t think it was that good either. It had some bright spots, but it’s painfully obvious that the New Day may have run their course and it’s time to give these guys a singles push on their own. The Usos are great, fast, and remind me of the GOD in NJPW only smaller.

Naomi defeated Natalya

Not bad, a good overall match that was fun to watch. This was fast paced, had a few counters, and really put together a swift women’s match that is somewhat forgettable, but not too bad. I liked it enough.

Carmella defeated Charlotte Flair for the Women’s Championship

After Peyton Royce and Billie Kay showed up and said they are taking over, and beat up Flair, out came Carmella. Carmella threw down her Money In The Bank Briefcase and hit a super kick on Flair and pinned her. She won the title, without the help of Ellsworth this time, and it was a fun thing to see. Carmella is your new champion, and the crowd went nuts for it. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay are different now, I think they may have breast implants, but hey, what do I know?

Randy Orton defeated Bobby Roode and Rusev

Oh my lord this again? Randy Orton is in cruise control, going through the motions of being a wrestler and not caring. Roode is good, but it’s obvious that he needs a better wrestler to work with. Jinder Mahal was at ringside and the winner would get a shot at Backlash. I was hoping for Roode to win, but nope, Orton won this match and that was that. I can’t say too much about this match, as it wasn’t my favorite, but it was adequate to move the night forward I guess. Rusev Day is so over, and yet the WWE doesn’t want to push him, I don’t know why.

Aj Styles vs. Daniel Bryan ended in a no Contest

The next match was interesting, and it featured Daniel Bryan and Aj Styles doing what they did best. They were able to get through a lot of motions and focused on stellar back and forth wrestling. It was a better match than the Nakamura match at Wrestlemania, at least for what it was. Then out came Shinsuke Nakamura and hit Bryan and Styles with a knee, and then low blowed Styles. That was the end, Nakamura looking tall, and that’s that.

Smackdown was ok. It was short, which I liked, but the whole thing just seemed phoned in. I wonder where guys like Ziggler, Tye Dillinger, and so many others were. Oh well, I guess that’s the end of the week of wrestling, oh no, here’ comes 205 Live, Ring Of Honor, and Joey Janela’s reviews that I have to write still. Oh well. This was ok at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...