Tuesday, April 17, 2018

ROH Masters of The Craft April 15, 2018 Results and Review

ROH Masters of the Craft 2018 Results and Review 
I don’t follow Ring of Honor week to week, but I have been reviewing the major shows, and that’s what I’m doing here. I was able to check out ROH Masters of the Craft PPV that was held in Columbus, Ohio, just a stones throw away from where I live. I didn’t go, because I had a final to write, but I did want to make sure that you was able to review this, and well, here we go.

ROH Masters of The Craft April 15, 2018 Results and Review


Silas Young defeated Cheeseburger to retain the ROH TV Title

This opener was hot, and Cheesburger wasn’t getting buried. Silas Young was great here, and dia good job with letting his guard down here and there, taking the smaller man a bit less than serious, and eventually got the win. However, it was a lot of back and forth and some good moments.

Post match, Cheesburger got a beat down from Bully Ray, and then someone saved him, but I forgot.

Sumie Sakai, Tenille Dashwood, and Deonna Purrazzo defeated Brandi Rhodes, Madison Rayne, and Jenny Rose

The Women’s division in ROH is interesting. The champion is not a looker, but boy is she amazing in the ring. I love that they aren’t focusing on just “pretty women” for wrestling, and that’s not to say that Sumie Sakai isn’t pretty. I’m just saying that they are not focusing on just “looks” like WWE does for a lot of what they do. If you see this match, you’ll know what I mean, especially how Sakai’s move set complements the rest of the talent. This was a good match, short, but it was fun to watch.

The Young Bucks, Hangman Page, and Flip Gordon defeated Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Scorpio Sky, and Shane Taylor

A fun 20 minute match with lots of back and forth, and a unique move that looked like the Human Centipede. It’s a fun little match, with lots of back and forth, and wow, good stuff. The Bucks aka Bullet Club was able to get the big win here and that was fun to see.

ROH Tag Team Champions Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe defeated Matt Fitchett and Davey Vega

The Briscoes were able to knock out the new guys with relative ease. It was a fun match, but you knew that the new guys were going down. The Briscoes need more talent, simple as that.

Jay Lethal defeated Jonathan Gresham

Lethal and Gresham put on a clinic of how to build a wrestling match from boring to exciting. I’d love to see Gresham and Lethal take on Zack Sabre Jr. because this match showed off how amazing technical wrestling can become. This was great, and it kept building to more and more over time. I loved it.

Matt Taven defeated Cody in a First Blood match

Taven impressed me here, and Cody has such crisp moves at times. His dropkicks are so good, and his timing has improved so much since last I saw him in WWE and even against Omega. Taven is good too, and the two were pounding each other with an interesting focus. I didn’t know how the two would get blood, but it happened when Cody punched a championship belt with this bare fist, and busted it open. He kept beating on Taven and it looked like Taven was busted open, but it wasn’t, it was Cody’s hand and his blood that was fun. Great match and interesting finish, and I loved it.

Marty Scurll defeated Dalton Castle, Punishment Martinez, and Beer City Bruiser in a Defy or Deny match. By winning the match, Scurll is once again the No. 1 contender to the ROH Championship

I was confused by the rules, but over the match’s eliminations I figured it out. This was an interesting elimination match with Scurll getting the win and getting a title shot. Scurll is so good here, and the rest are good too, and for once, Dalton Castle showed off a great deal of skill in this match. I was surprised by how good this was. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...