Tuesday, May 26, 2009

WWE Monday Night Raw 5/25/09 Results and Review Another Tribute

WWE Monday Night Raw 5/25/09 Results

Kelly Kelly defeated Maryse via disqualification
Kofi Kingston defeated William Regal, and Matt Hardy
Santino & Mickie James defeated Chavo Guerrero & Beth Phoenix
Goldust & Hornswoggle defeated The Brian Kendrick & Festus
John Cena, Batista, MVP, Jerry Lawler, and Mr Kennedy defeated Big Show, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase and The Miz

WWE Monday Night Raw 5/25/09 Review

E. Stan Korenke came out to open the show, the owner of the Denver Nuggets. I don’t think it was him, because that would be stupid and of course The Nuggets put a smackdown on the Los Angeles Lakers! Vince came down and gave a beatdown to the owner of the Nuggets. Lame.

Then out came The Miz to suck up air time between transitions. The Big Show came out, after Miz had a Cleveland jersey on, and Cena showed up and then Batista came down, my description sucks because this segment sucked.

Kelly Kelly defeated Maryse via disqualification

Maryse finally defended her title on Raw instead of just sucking it up on the mic. Both of these blonde haired women can’t wrestle, and really just grind my gears…or should I say gear? Whatever this match was lame…same divas match. A basic wrestling premise with a few moments of hard hittingaction, but nothing too insane; in fact it ended via disqualification.

The Hornswoggle Goldust sketch was funny, at least a little bit. It was nice to see Goldust getting back to his comedic roots and keep a job with the wwe..hopefully this last longer than the Booker T comedy angles.

Kofi Kingston defeated William Regal, and Matt Hardy

A triple threat match was a nice second match, and it was actually interesting. Hardy favoring the fake broken arm, Kofi Kingston’s high flying spots, and Regal’s mat skills really was a nice combination of move sets. Even with so many different styles possible, it seemed like too much going on in ring for these wrestlers. There were moments where Matt Hardy seemed like he wasn’t sure what he was going to do next, meanwhile Kofi struggled to clear enough room to hit his spots. Regal meanwhile, was breaking up counts, which was good, and the match got really good with the near falls. MVP was doing color commentary…fyi. Hardy hit the Side Effect and looked poised to win this one, but by the time it seemed that Hardy was going to win, I just wasn’t that interested any longer. Kingston hit a nice spinning kick on Hardy to win the #1 contender position and will face MVP next week on Raw. Trouble in Paradise, Kofi’s move, looked really nice!

Ric Flair came out of retirement to call out Randy Orton. I hate retirements, and I proved when it happened that Flair retired many times during his career and no one cared. I sure didn’t. Well he’s back and this was lame to me. Flair hit Orton with a right hand and it was over yet again. Batista came down to save Flair, and after the dust settled Mr. Kennedy came down to the ramp for what appeared to be no apparent reason. Great! Mr. Kennedy is back so that he can get injure once more and hen get fired because of his injuries that keep popping up, despite his claims of not being on the juice. Then again, remember the 80’s? Everyone was on the juice and the schedules were harder, and yet the injuries didn’t seem to plague wrestlers like they do now…at least they aren’t as publicized that’s for sure. Kennedy claims that he has officially returned! He also says he’s the mystery man for later tonight’s 10 man tag match.

At this point my DVR crapped out on me. YEP! It exploded again, and I couldn’t finish watching Raw. However, the rest of the results didn’t stun or shock me:

Santino & Mickie James defeated Chavo Guerrero & Beth Phoenix
Goldust & Hornswoggle defeated The Brian Kendrick & Festus
John Cena, Batista, MVP, Jerry Lawler, and Mr Kennedy defeated Big Show, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase and The Miz

I wasn’t surprised by raw at all, it kind of made me glad I didn’t see the rest of it. I’m sure that my dvr will be fine for the rest of the week, these types of hiccups only happen every so often.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, you definitely didn't miss anything... I mean, I was so underwhelmed, I ended up putting together a 3D puzzle while the 5 on 5 tag match was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWE is becoming sort of stale. I've been watching it ever since the early 90s, and everything seems so recycled now. Don't get me wrong, I still love watching it, but it isn't as good as it was in the glory days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MC wow...3d puzzle? that's the best comment i've gotten in a long time.

    Jeb you're right, I'm so bored lately with wrestling. They are rehashing matches, and just going through the motions. I'm trying to keep excited, but yeah, it's tough.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...