Friday, May 22, 2009

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 5/22/09 Results and Review Rematches Galore

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 5/22/09 Results

John Morrison and Cryme Tyme defeated Shelton Benjamin, Ricky Ortiz, and Charlie Haas
Michelle McCool defeated Gail Kim
C.M. Punk defeated Chris Jericho via Disqualification when Umaga interfered
Dolph Ziggler defeated R. Truth
Jeff Hardy dfeated Edge

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 5/22/09 Review

The show opened up with Edge talking trash about Jeff Hardy and how good he was at Judgment Day. He was out there talking, and out came Theodore Long, who made a rematch for Extreme Rules. Jeff Hardy came out and got a match made somehow against Edge! The winner tonight in the rematch, will get to create the stipulations for their world championship match at Extreme rules later on this month!

John Morrison and Cryme Tyme defeated Shelton Benjamin, Ricky Ortiz, and Charlie Haas

Here we go, the jobbers against…the jobbers? I’m not sure what’s up with this match is or what it was meant to prove. It seemed like the b and c wrestlers were in this match up trying to be cool. Morrison is the only one in this match that is on the way up. The other guys just seemed like they were fulfilling a contract role in the WWE, and that’s why they were in this match. That’s not to take anything away from these guys, but it just seemed cobbled together to force these guys into the public’s eye. As far as the match is concerned, it wasn’t half bad, there were hot tags, there was isolation involved, and it just seemed an odd mix of wrestlers, making obvious mistakes, and trying to bring the crowd into the match, but moreover trying to make John Morrison the better wrestler of the bunch. If you don’t believe me, just watch the closing moments, with John Morrison hitting all his moves and getting top billing from JR for winning this match via pinfall on Charlie Haas.

Alicia fox getting slapped by Melina was stupid.

The number one contender was set to get decided next…I was so over the whole thing…but whatever.

Michelle McCool defeated Gail Kim

Wow, Gail Kim is back in the wwe? Yeah, I know she’s wrestled in the WWE before, but it seems like going into this match, the WWE hasn’t really put their chips on the line with her. It’s almost like they coerced her to jump ship from TNA only to have her job out to the champion and McCool…but the match had just began when I was thinking those thoughts, and I had to wait it out. Alicia Fox tried to interfere and while Kim knocked her away, McCool hit her finisher and it was over. Gail Kim is now just another diva’s jobber, way to ruin your career huh? I don’t blame her, I’d sell out in a second, I’m broke!

C.M. Punk defeated Chris Jericho via Disqualification when Umaga interfered

Well, I didn’t see the match last night, but if it was anything like this one, I’m glad to see that the WWE is letting these smaller dude’s get a fair shake. The match was back and forth with neither man getting the dominant hand, despite the odds shifting in each direction from time to time, as they each countered each other and tried to keep the other down. The counters towards the end were classic, and rolling into the Walls of Jericho was great. However, Grisham said that Jericho won a lot of matches with the Walls, but I beg to differ. When’s the last time he won via submission? Umaga ran down to fight off Punk, causing the dq, and he had a leather strap…I’m sure there will be a leather strap match for the Extreme Rules ppv. I didn’t like the ending, but Jericho is saved a second loss, I guess.

GUESS WHAT! UMAGA CAN SPEAK PERFECT ENGLISH! NICE CONTINUITY WWE! THANKS FOR PUNCHING MY BRAIN STEM WITH YOUR STUPID WRITING!

Dolph Ziggler defeated R. Truth

I wasn’t sure where this match was headed since both guys, to me are jobbers; Dolph Ziggler was getting beat up for a good part of this match up. He was getting worked against R Truth but it was Truth that got the raw end of the deal with another embarrassing loss. Is R Truth going to get fired soon too? I don’t know, he’s not getting that title push that he was getting a few months back with Shelton Benjamin, remember that?

Khali chased down Ziggler and he ran away…end of that.

Jeff Hardy dfeated Edge

I’m so sick of WWE repetition. Seriously it’s getting tough to stand. I’ve seen this match so many times, and now I have to see it not only here but also see it at the ppv? Oh, I can’t afford the ppv, so maybe I’ll get to miss it for a change. The match had Edge getting the upper hand towards the end of the match, Hardy was looking defeated and the crowd was getting a little too quiet. That being said, Edge looked as if he had no nagging injuries and was perfect in this match until he leaped off the middle rope into a nicely executed dropkick by Jeff Hardy! Picture perfect indeed, and Hardy started to turn the tables on Edge yet again. The Spear reversal was nice, but I’ve seen it before! Give me something new to work with folks! Come on! The near falls towards the end woke me up from my pouting mood, and it was nice to see that we get a longer match on WWE programming. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate and it looked like he was getting set to win this one with the Swanton Bomb! Edge tried to block it but nope, Edge loses clean but not for the title, so now Hardy will pick the stipulations of the extreme rules match. I’m sure it will be ladder or something stupid like that. I’m tired of seeing these two wrestle, I’m sorry, this is HHH vs The Rock 1997 – 1998 all over again. I’m sick of these two wrestling each other. We’re not in 1988 we are not watching AWA or WCW give us Flair vs Steamboat classics, these are getting tired, I’m getting tired.

So what did Jeff Hardy decide?

Ladder Match...Like I predicted 5 seconds before the answer was given.

Don't miss out on WWE Starrcade: The Essential Collection DVD Box Set!

1 comment:

  1. Well, they did sort of tip off the ladder match with the verbal cues...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...