Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chavo Pulls A Shocker





img src - wwe.com

In a truly shocking turn of events, Chavo Guerrero took the ECW Championship title off of C.M Punk in classic heel fashion.

I kid you not, last night, I drank a bunch of coffee and stayed up to see the ECW World Title change hands in a NO DQ match!

I know, you’re thinking that this is not a possibility, but for whatever reason the WWE thought they owed Chavo for not getting him the Cruiserweight championship title back from Finlay’s little friend, so they gave him the ECW Title.

I did not see this one coming, and for once, I was actually shocked by the title change on national television. They usually reserve these things for bigger events like ppv, but not this time.

Can Chavo really fill the seats though?

Do you really want to see Punk chase the title?

I’m not really sure. On one hand I like Chavo Guerrero’s style of wrestling, but on the other hand he lacks the charisma that carried him through the rank so the tag team division; that charisma being 90% Eddie Guerrero.

The WWE is talking about how this is a “Family” of sorts with Vickie & Edge right there to help out Chavo.

This is definitely going to set up a major movement for one…Rey Mysterio Jr.

I’m going to go out on a limb, but it seems as though they are going to have Mysterio Jr. lose at the Rumble, have him face Chavo to get to Edge then get at Edge’s title at either Wrestlemania, Smackdown, or the following ppv, only to lose again by a small margin.

Of course that is just my opinion, it could go either way and the bigger news here is not what the plans hold of Edge but more importantly what in the world is Chavo doing with the ECW title?

Heat CW is more like it as we now crowned a new champion. ECW just hooked me.

Liked this post? Want to help me keep blogging? Buy a dvd or two from Amazon.com and save up to 75% off WWE merchandise, and get free shipping while you're at it; just click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...