Saturday, January 29, 2011

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 1/28/11 Results and Review

zdg

I had to essentially camp out at the library to reserve a computer for 2 hours so that I could watch this event. I'm sorry I'm late on reviewing it, sometimes it just takes longer than usual. I had to wait for some random dude to stop playing on gaia forums. Anyways, here is my review of the night, and I hope that someone out there buys crap via the amazon links, cause I'm seriously broke.

In the opening segment, Ziggler got an RKO for his troubles.

Laycool got beat up by the NXT winner and Kelly KElly, that's it. They then had a match, which was awful. Laycool wins without much offense, just a few kicks and that's it.

Laycool defeated Caitlyn & Kelly Kelly

I hate Drew McIntyre. He's the worst new wrestler of all time. JTG wrestled Drew to a terrible match. Drew hit the Future Shock ddt and that was that. No one cared, at least I didn't. JTG is wasted in this segment. I'm tired of the same old bs on smackdown.

Drew McINtyre defeated JTG

I bet Drew is doing it with Kelly...or at least he wants to.

Alberto Del Rio came out to have a Royal Rumble type of match and lost when Kofi threw him and Kane over the top rope.

Kofi Kingston won an impromptu battle royal

Del Rio and Kane couldn't work as a team together, and that led Del Rio to lose to Kofi and Rey's double team action. A good overall match if you ask me, although I feel like I've already seen it in another form.

Kofi Kingston & Rey Mysterio defeated Alberto Del Rio & Kane

Does anybody even like the Big Show? I don't. I haven't liked him since 1998. Before that, he was watchable and had some nice drop kicks. He dominated this match with relative ease. After the match the Corre fought him until the Smackdown roster came to help.

The Big show defeated Heath Slater

I feel like I've seen this already, and I was already bored within minutes. The match was a back and forth affair, but it would end up with Edge getting the pinfall win over Ziggler. The rest of the match was memorable for a few good bumps, but nothing really to write home about. Edge would win, and his music hit and I liked that, but didn't really care.

Randy Orton & Edge defeated The Miz & Dolph Ziggler

It's not that I'm jaded with wrestling or that my circumstances aren't that good, it's just that I feel like I'm watching the same thing over and over again. Vickie made the spear illegal! That's about all I can recall being that great.

I ate a whole Tony's Pizza, it was $2...I feel sick right now. My time limit is up on this Library's computer, so I gotta go, Smackdown was a weak show, I'm sorry.

------------------

What did you think of the show? Have comments? Leave a comment here on the blog or email me with your comments. Also, please check out amazon.com here for all kinds of wwe merch. Remember to look at the top selling Pro Wrestling Merch from last month here. If you're new, subscribe to the RSS FEED HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...