Thursday, August 14, 2008

Over Analyzing Wrestling: Summerslam Predictions

Here we go, Summerslam is coming and here are my predictions:

Edge vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match)

Edge has been building this match by himself, so that’s a great thing for Edge. Undertaker is getting really old, and I’m not sure if he can wrestle a great match with Edge. They sure gave him a lot of time off for some injuries, and now he’s going to come back. Will he be biker taker? Will he be evil taker? Or will he just get beat down and beat by Edge on his way to the world championship match? Will Vickie get involved, will La Familia get involved as a whole?

I think Undertaker will win, and if there is not a huge spot where someone falls off the cage, I don’t think it’s going to be a good match. I think that the WWE has to be very careful with how they book this match, because the rest of the card is not that solid.

My prediction for the Winner: Edge

WWE Champion Triple H vs. The Great Khali

I am hoping that Khali wins this. I am going to get a lot of heat for this, but I honestly believe that The Great Khali should go over in this match up. I don’t think that Triple H is doing a good job on Smackdown as champion or as a ratings draw. In fact, He’s never even doing anything of value on Smackdown since his move. I think Khali should beat him heavy handed, Triple H should take some time off to spend time with his family, Khali should continue to roll through opponents and eventually drop the title to Taker or Edge. But then again? Triple H might just win this one because he is the son in law.

My prediction for the winner: The Great Khali

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs. JBL

CM Punk has JBL’s number. However, I keep thinking that JBL is going to edge out Punk because we need a heel champion on Raw right now. We have a lot of faces in WWE and the bad guys need to get the spotlight, or else what’s the point right? I don’t find Punk’s reign too exciting, but I don’t feel that he is a transitional champion. Punk should lose this match with help from Y2J of all people.

My prediction for the winner: JBL

ECW Champion Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy

I am not looking forward to this at all. I believe that Mark Henry will win. He’ll win without help, and Hardy will get cheered like crazy.

My prediction for the winner: Mark Henry

John Cena vs. Batista

John Cena and Batista can not maintain the same existence. They can not be good guys together. One has to turn, one has to be the anti-hero or overtly heel. I think that the WWE has been teasing John Cena’s heel turn for some time, and I hope that in the course of this match up they turn him and he gets frustrated with his inability to beat Batista. This could go either way, and the ending will most likely have Batista freaking out on Cena.

My prediction for the winner: No One: Double Dq

Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Jeff Hardy

I am looking forward to seeing this one. Hardy is great, if he’s not on the mic, and MVP has been moving this match towards greatness. This could definitely steal the show if it gets enough time. Jeff Hardy to go over? I don’t think so. I think MVP is going to pull this one by cheating somehow, and if not, he’ll walk away and get counted out.

My prediction for the winner: MVP

Winners Take All Tag Team Match

Santino and Phoenix have to win this one. I want to see their storyline keep going, and I think that Santino as the women’s champion could be interesting to watch. I’m going to side with them two. Kofi and Mickie James are cool, and it’s sad that the WWE are probably going to take their titles in such an easy match, but come on, this is funny, right?

My prediction for the winners: Santino & Phoenix

Shawn Michaels announcement

I believe Shawn Michaels will come back, yet again. Give it time, he’ll come back and beat the hell out of Chris Jericho in a gimmick match.

Sir Jorge's WWE Store:

Check out our online store for big savings on wwe dvd, and wwe books. Our online store is powered by amazon.com so you're in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...