Friday, August 15, 2008

TNA Impact Review 8/14/2008 Different Approach

This week, I had a bad Friday morning, and couldn’t get the review done in the same fashion that I usually do it. However, I did manage to watch the show, so I’m writing this kind of by memory, so it’s not going to be as extensive as usual, so hang in there with me…I’m trying.

Christian Cage and Rhino defeated The Rock N’ Rave Infection

I don’t believe that a tag team that is not a real team, should defeat an established, regular tag team. So this match really made me upset as a wrestling fan. As a purist that is, but as a casual fan of TNA (considering that I’m not the greatest fan of their product) this match up was not bad. A lot of good in and out tags, Cage and Rhino were great, and almost seemed like a seasoned tag team. Rock N’ Roll Infection is all flash and not a whole lot more. Christy Hemme looked good for once, and she was covering up her forehead, so it wasn’t glaring off the lights. It was a good overall match, and a nice change of pace from the usual horrible matches that I’ve been watching this week.

Team 3D defeated Samoa Joe & Kevin Nash

This match bored me. It was basically the Samoa Joe show, as Nash didn’t do a whole lot in this one. Joe snapped after the match, and the win, by hitting Devon with a chair several times and this was interesting. Joe was going nuts! Earl Hebner reversed the decision after the fact and Team 3D picks up the win. I’m not sure what kind of implications this makes for the future, but Team 3D loses again.

The Blueprint Matt Morgan defeated Johnny Devine

This match sucked. Matt Morgan sucked. His matches are devoid of any charisma, and while he’s a big guy, he doesn’t execute that monster charisma that is needed to get over. He sucks, I’m sorry. After the match up Abyss and Morgan seem to team up…boring me some more.

I wish that Abyss took Morgan out, and just beat the living hell out of him. Then Morgan can get over as a guy that came back from the beat down to conquer the Abyss…but nope. The booking team at TNA have their heads in their butts.

Karen’s Angle sucked. Let’s never see this again. Watching Mr. Ass come out as gay…stupid, I bet he’s banging the beautiful people, seriously, I’d bang em….sorry, I’ll get back to pg rating.

Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Jay Lethal

This was a boring match to me. I’m tired of seeing Jay Lethal trying to be Macho Man. He’s just not that damn good. Macho Man had charisma, Lethal is just a parody of a good wrestler. I hate it. Sheik Abdul is being touted as the “Arabian Nightmare” and I am not sure if that is a wise idea. We’ll see how tna works this all out.

Sonjay Dutt came out and beat down Lethal, and apparently their feud is not over. Great way to sell that match up from the ppv? Huh.

Taylor Wilde defeated Christy Hemme (Traci Brooks was the ref)

This match was good. It was quick and had a lot of good and solid wrestling. It is always a treat to see the TNA Knockouts. I would never want to fight them or even date them, they’d probably kill me fast. But man, would it be a nice way to go out, huh? The match was good, and Taylor Wilde wins again. Christy Hemme is not just a playboy cover girl, she can work really well in the ring and put on a good match up.

Afterwards Awesome Kong hit the ring, and tore up the women. Gail Kim ran down and helped out. This seems to be the standard in TNA, they just keep going to the same savior angle with Kim. They need to just book Kong vs. Kim in a specialty match, like a steel cage and let’s see them fight!

Hernandez defeated James Storm

The LAX feud continued again with some horrible singles match. Hernandez is cool and Storm is ok, but this match was boring. They need their tag partners to make this worth while.

Aj Styles defeated Kurt Angle

This was a wrestling match! No, not a pro-wrestling match up, they took the ropes down and they did a traditional wrestling match. It was so horrible. I hate this type of crap. The ending was interesting though, they had the lights go out, Angle had a bat, and then the lights went out again and this time AJ had a guitar and smashed it into Kurt Angles head, and once again Angle was busted open the hard way! This is ridiculous!

Tna Impact 8/14/2008 Quick Results:

Aj Styles defeated Kurt Angle
Hernandez defeated James Storm
Taylor Wilde defeated Christy Hemme (Traci Brooks was the ref)
Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Jay Lethal
The Blueprint Matt Morgan defeated Johnny Devine
Team 3D defeated Samoa Joe & Kevin Nash
Christian Cage and Rhino defeated The Rock N’ Rave Infection


This show wasn’t all that great. Sure, they stuffed the show with a lot more wrestling than WWE, but the execution of these matches weren’t that great. I didn’t think that they did pro-wrestling right. WCW at least made some very memorable moments, meanwhile TNA tries to rest on their laurels. There wasn’t as many interview segments and a lot of backstage stuff, although they did take place. This show seemed to have a lot more wrestling than I usually am used to with TNA. The crowd seemed into it at times too, so maybe this was a good show for the fans in attendance.

I can’t stand the announce team though. Seriously, the announce team sucks. They need Tony Shiavone back in there with Tenay!

I also don’t like TNA is a strong number 2.

Sir Jorge's WWE Store:

Check out our online store for big savings on wwe dvd, and wwe books. Our online store is powered by amazon.com so you're in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...