Friday, October 17, 2008

TNA Impact 10/16/08 Review and Results

I’m back in action, I’m actually sick though. I have seasonal allergies + a head cold, so I’m writing with somewhat blurred vision, and am giving it my best shot

The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Sonjay Dutt & Sheik Abdul Bashir


Finally, The Motor City Machine Guns get a victory and it was quite good. The duo threw up a lot of high spots on their way to winning this one, and I can’t help but notice that Dutt and Bashir aren’t half bad as a team. I’m not sure why the TNA booking pairs up these “hotshot” tag teams together to face the Machine Guns each week, but it’s a great thing to see that they finally got a victory! Seriously, this is great for The Motor City Machine Guns, since they were basically glorified jobbers. If you’ve seen other Machine Gun matches, then you’ll enjoy this one as it is a good opener, even though it is somewhat fast, it was still worth checking into and set up the show nicely.

Post match, Kurt Angle came down to the ring and basically trashed The Machine Guns, moments after their victory, taking away any glory from that might have been generated because of it. Angle then cuts a promo about Jeff Jarrett and how he is going to win the war, and that Double J just won the battle!

Sting’s Promo is the same cookie cutter promo that we heard last year after Sting won the TNA world title. Lame, Sting is good, but I don’t want to see him talk, I want to see him wrestle, instead he talks, making this my bathroom break. When I returned from the break, AJ Styles was talking about Respect, lame.


Booker T. defeated Hernandez

I’ll tell you one thing, you know a match is boring when you’re focused on what the wrestlers are wearing instead of the match itself. This match was kind of boring to me, and Booker T seemed lazy in this match up. I hate how all Booker T matches just have him relying on his wife for a distraction and the victory. I know that it is his gimmick to be lazy, but you know what other veteran got lazy in his old age? Hulk Hogan! Do you remember a GOOD Hulk Hogan match from WCW after he turned heel? Maybe one match in my memory was good from the WCW crew, and that was Hogan vs. Sting at Starrcade 97, other than that, I don’t remember anything good from Hogan back then. This is happening with booker T, and this is exhibit one in that case! Trust me. With that said guess who won.

Just for the record, Mick Foley’s stupid promo where he says he is leaving, sucks. What a load of garbage, crap, do we really need a Foley outro? Screw this crap. Then when I was going to throw up my arms, Jeff Jarrett comes out and tells Foley that he’s not done yet, and the two go down the tunnel. Lame again.

Roxxi defeated Raisha Saeed

I personally like Roxxi. I might be alone in that sentiment, but I like a woman who can do hardcore wrestling. I don’t care what anyone says, bring back the old ECW flavor with women, and I’m going to mark out huge! This match was ok, nothing too crazy, Saeed is not half bad. I like her and I like Roxxi. The match featured a lot of stiff shots, and I’m not sure if they were going for that sort of smash mouth wrestling or not, but it looked like Saeed was taking liberties with Roxxi’s hardcore rhetoric. Saeed’s modified surfboard stomp was awesome, and her snap suplex is right on for a woman. Shades of Davy Boy Smith were heard as Roxxi hit the canvas with Saeed taking control of this match up for the beginning. That was short lived as Roxxi got the momentum later on in the match and did a perfect fall away slam! However, she lost her focus momentarily when she tried to mix it up with Awesome Kong, outside the ring. She then came back inside and gave Saeed the Voodoo drop for the win, and Roxxi defeates Raisha Saeed!

Post match, Awesome Kong jumped in and delivered the Implant Buster and Roxxi loses the post match battle as Kong and Saeed celebrate over their fallen foe.

Kevin Nash defeated Consequences Creed

Nash needs to stop letting his hair silver out. He needs his black hair back or his brown hair, because he really looks like an old man in this match up. Consequences Creed gets a few shots in and Nash bumps a little bit, but this match is your basic strong man match up. Nash tries to make things look good, but he’s so stiff, he’s just a giant goof. An old giant goof, and this match proved it. Nash shouldn’t wrestle too much any longer, he’s just not that good anymore, trust me, I know. The Cobra Clutch slam was interesting, and the Powerbomb from Nash is still amazing, have you seen that lately? He just releases and BOOOM, Nash wins this squash match against Consequences Creed. Way to bury your talent TNA, way to go.

Post match, Kevin Nash talks about how none of the young guys respect the veterans. Lame. For the record, I never wondered what it was like to be Kevin Nash. That’s for sure. Nash cusses a lot for a TNA promo, that’s for sure. I personally liked Nash better as The Russian from The Punisher movie. This promo was the SADDEST promo I’ve ever heard from a veteran wrestler. Seriously, the Kevin Nash promo sucked.

Kurt Angle defeated Matt Morgan

This match was giving away too early. I don’t care what you think about Matt Morgan, because I hate him, but he DOES NOT need to get buried by Kurt Angle like this. Morgan basically tears Angle a new one for 90% of this match and then out of nowhere Angle hits a weak Angle slam and wins the match up. Morgan hit Angle with everything and looked good for once, but nope, it was short lived as Angle defeated Matt Morgan clean, burying the big guy’s push and holding him back from getting over. Kurt Angle is worse than Triple H in this match, as Morgan was supposed to be getting the biggest push in TNA and look at this crap. Morgan sucks, but he doesn’t deserve this, and maybe I’m turning my opinion a little but come on, he gets buried clean by Angle? This is so stupid.

Post match, Abyss ran down to save Morgan from getting further beat down by Angle. Angle then attacked Abyss, and the announcers sell this post match finish as something crazy.

They then cut to JB outside of the arena trying to figure out what Double J and Mick Foley were talking about behind closed doors, and Foley announces that next week Live from Vegas there is going to be a huge announcement made. He said that the wrestling world will be shaken forever!

This edition of impact wasn’t horrible, but we’ll have to wait and see if the Live Las Vegas show pays off on the things that were set up here.

Tna Impact Results 10/16/08

Kurt Angle defeated Matt Morgan
The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Sonjay Dutt & Sheik Abdul Bashir
Booker T. defeated Hernandez
Roxxi defeated Raisha Saeed
Kevin Nash defeated Consequences Creed


Sir Jorge's WWE Store:

Check out our online store for big savings on wwe dvd, and wwe books. Our online store is powered by amazon.com so you're in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...