Friday, July 23, 2010

TNA Impact 7/22/10 Results and Review

TNA Impact 7/22/10 Results

Aj Styles defeated Rob Terry For the Global Title
Taylor Wilde & Angelina Love defeated Sarita & Madison Rayne
Kurt Angle defeated Super Mex
Jeff Hardy vs Samoa Joe fought to a time limit draw
Mr. Anderson defeated Matt Morgan
Beer Money defeated The Motor City Machine Guns in a street fight

TNA Impact 7/22/10 Review

The show opened up yet again with another promo of Abyss and it sucked. I hated it. It's stupid. ABYSS IS THE WORST TNA WRESTLER EVER! FIRE ALL THE TNA WRITERS FOR PROMOTING ABYSS!

FIRE ALL THE TNAWRITERS FOR THIS ECW invasion.....man, I'm so tired.

Extreme Invitation is the name of the show....I'm tired. Argh!

Aj Styles defeated Rob Terry For the Global Title

I know a lot of people hate Rob Terry, but I like him. I like that he's jacked and a freak. I like how others can really “bump” to his move set, which is really powerful. It's all run and gun not much else. I like it. Kaz was at ringside, and Styles was having a hard time with Terry early on. Terry was throwing AJ around quite well and I liked it. I like the throwback to simpler wrestling times with larger than life muscular wrestlers. Styles won after reversing a suplex and getting Kaz to hold Terry's leg. Not a bad ending, but not a great match up either. I liked it, it just wasn't insane.

Taylor Wilde & Angelina Love defeated Sarita & Madison Rayne

**Earl Hebner told Angelina Love that she was no longer the Knockouts Champion since they couldn't prove who was the one that interfered. No one cares about that title.

This match was interesting to me, only because I like Taylor Wilde...i'd “hit dat” if you know what I mean. Just sayin. Alright, this match was your standard match up featuring the women. It had less botches than usual, and there were a few nice spots. Sarita has some skills that's for sure, and the only highlight was seeing Sarita and Taylor Wilde try to put on some legit wrestling. I was hoping for a wardrobe malfunction, but oh well. Aneglina Love won this match, but it wasn't great.

Post match, the Motorcycle Rider showed up, helped the beautiful people and then left with Sarita, the Motorcycle girl and Taylor Wilde. Whatever.

Kurt Angle defeated Super Mex

Super Mex had this match won at several moments in the match. There were some sick moves shown here, and Hernandez looked really confident at different stages but out of nowhere Angle started to show signs of life. He hit the Angle Slam and this one looked like yet another win for Angle. Angle missed the moonsault which was interesting, and even though I knew who the winner would be, I was intrigued to see how much offense Hernandez got in before Angle squeeked by yet another ranked wrestler. Hernandez eventually tapped out to the Ankle Lock Submission.

Kevin Nash was in ring and wanted to talk to Jeff Jarrett. The two squared off with mic's in the ring.

Jeff Hardy vs Samoa Joe fought to a time limit draw

Samoa Joe was dominant for a good part of this match. For whatever reason, Jeff hardy continues to get put into ppv caliber match ups, but isn't given nearly enough time to make it interesting. Joe is interesting to watch, when there's a reason to, but right now, I don't care. WHO KIDNAPPED SAMOA JOE???? WHO KIDNAPPED HIM? I don't care. Hardy sucks. This match was half-speed for a lot of moments. Joe was able to maintain a good sense of in-ring presence and this match was given a time limit so it was interesting to see if the two were trying to just match the limit. The guys ended up fighting each other fast towards the end and they fought to a 15 limit draw.

I liked that they fought to a limit. That'll set up a future ppv match up, for sure.

Mr. Anderson defeated Matt Morgan

Mr. Anderson fought the near 7 footer in this match and looked like he was going down for the count. I thought for sure Morgan was going over here, but after a few minutes of Anderson playing hurt, he eventually hit the Mic Check and this thing was over.

Matt Morgan knocked out Anderson with the mic and bloodied him. Morgan sucks now.

Beer Money defeated The Motor City Machine Guns in a street fight

I'm sick of these two teams, I'm sorry. The guys brawled in a street fight match up and I liked it. I like street fights, so I went with it. The Machine Guns were fighting a good fight overall but beer Money stole the match after using the broken beer bottle and a super kick. I liked it. I liked several key big moves and tandem moves, alongside the cheating ways of Beer Money, now if only there were more teams to give the division a little more depth.

Dixie Carter was in ring with a mic and out came the former ECW guys and Mick Foley.

Dixie on the mic sucks....argh...the old-ass ecw guys are just old...it's kind of pathetic to see, just sayin. This was stupid, and I was yawning so hard...no one cares about these ecw guys, no one cares! Come on! FIRE ALL THE TNA WRITERS!

So, apparently there will be a one night stand? Or something? I don't know, the ending didn't make sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...